1. Incentives or rewards that are immediate or will come later on following interaction with a link.
Example: “Here’s a free coupon” or “Click here for your FREE iPhone!”
2. The use of email communications and daily work systems that may seem familiar.
Example: “Here is your daily delivery report”
3. Bias that you will lose something.
Example: “Act now to save your credit score”
4. Convincing you that you have done something wrong and to take action.
Example: “You have 800 viruses. Click here to clean up your computer.”
5. Pretending to be an authoritarian figure.
Example: “Hey, it’s your CEO – I need you to send me that financial information ASAP.”