In today’s rapidly evolving technological landscape, businesses are constantly faced with the decision of choosing between on-premises IT servers and cloud solutions for their infrastructure needs. Both options come with their own advantages and considerations, making the decision a complex one.
Choosing between an on-premises server and the cloud depends on your specific needs, goals, and resources. Both have their own advantages which can be seen below:
- Gives the organisation physical control over backup.
- Important data is kept in-house. Therefore, no third party has access to your information.
- There is no need to rely solely on internet connection for access to data.
- Customisable system set-up.
- No need for onsite storage of hardware or the expenses associated.
- Additional storage can be purchased when required, giving the organisation the flexibility to only pay for the storage they need.
- Maintenance an upgrades are automatically taken care of by CSCM.
- Backup and restoration of data can be initiated from anywhere, using any device such as a phone, laptop or tablet.
- Accessible wherever there is internet access.