The cloud is an internet data centre where software and services reside, instead of being stored on local hardware such as your computer or other electronic device. Files can be safely secured and backed up in the cloud, where users can now store data and access it from anywhere in the world as long as there is internet connection.
Advantages of this include:
- Scalability: Cloud storage is very scalable, enabling customers to simply add or remove storage capacity as their needs change and store as much data as they need.
- Accessibility: Data on various devices may be easily retrieved through cloud storage, which is accessible from any location with an internet connection.
- Reliability: To ensure that data is constantly accessible, cloud storage services often store several copies of data across multiple servers. Access controls and encryption are only two of the methods that cloud storage companies employ to keep data secure.
- Cost: Because customers only pay for the storage they use and can easily access, cloud storage can be more affordable than traditional storage options.
- Recovery: In the event of a hard drive failure or other hardware malfunction, you can access your files in the cloud. It acts as a backup solution for your local storage on physical drives.